I could devour this peanut butter cookie skillet in one sitting - it is a huge peanut butter cookie stuffed with chocolate chips and mini peanut butter cups. I don't think there is a better combination than peanut butter and chocolate - so if that is up your alley, you're going to love this cookie skillet.
Peanut butter cookie skillet
I love skillet cookies because you get the joy of a cookie but you don't have to get your hands all sticky when rolling the dough into balls, like normal cookies. Plus, you can just go AT IT with a spoon. Not to mention, this is a one bowl situation, so you are not dirtying up a million dishes.
If you need to run to the grocery store, here is your shopping list:
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Mini peanut butter cups (optional, but totally recommended)
- Beat together the unsalted butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar. Beat in the peanut butter.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add the flour and baking powder and beat until a dough forms. It will be thick.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and mini peanut butter cups until fully incorporated into the dough. Press the dough into your skillet and bake for 24-26 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Other recipes you may like
Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet
- 2 ½ cups (313 grams) all purpose flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (300 grams) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (260 grams) creamy peanut butter all natural works best
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180 grams) chocolate chips
- ½ cup (90 grams) mini peanut butter cups optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 or 9.5 inch cast iron skillet or pie dish. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together the unsalted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes. Add the peanut butter and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the all purpose flour and baking powder and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips and mini peanut butter cups until fully incorporated into the dough.
- Pack the dough into your prepared skillet and top with more chocolate chips and peanut butter cups. Bake for 22-26 minutes or until the edges/top are slighlty golden.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, enjoy warm or at room temperature. Top with ice cream if you desire!
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!