This homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe is the only one you will ever need - it has a creamy, pumpkin-y latte and is topped with the most delicious pumpkin foam (that I can literally eat with a spoon).
Why you will love this homemade pumpkin spice latte recipe
- It's easy to make. Between the latte and pumpkin foam, you can have a pumpkin spiced latte sitting in front of you in 5 minutes. It has simple ingredients and easy steps.
- The pumpkin foam. This pumpkin foam is to die for. It is made with sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract and heavy cream. It is the perfect topping to this pumpkin coffee drink.
- Brewed coffee: you can use either brewed coffee or espresso shots in this recipe.
- Milk: milk is a key ingredient in the latte - I like whole milk, but you can use any milk you prefer.
- Spices: a combination of spices like cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves add so much warmth and fall flavor to the latte.
- Pumpkin puree: the star ingredient! We add pumpkin puree to both the latte and pumpkin foam.
- Sweetened condensed milk: sweetened condensed milk is what we use to sweeten the pumpkin foam - it adds the perfect sweetness and flavor.
- Make the pumpkin foam. Whip the heavy cream until soft peaks form. In a separate bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract. Add the pumpkin mixture to the whipped heavy cream and whip until combined.
- Make the latte. In a sauce pan, combine the brewed coffee (or espresso shots), milk, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Whisk until combined and simmering.
- Combine. Pour the latte into a mug and top with the pumpkin foam. Sprinkle with cinnamon and enjoy!
What type of milk should I use?
Since the milk is not being frothed, you can use any type of milk you would like! Milk with a higher fat content tend to froth better, but since we don't do that here, any milk works.
Can I make this iced?
Absolutely! I actually prefer to have it iced. Instead of pouring it into a mug, pour the latte into a cup filled with ice, then top with the pumpkin foam.
Or, you can top regular iced coffee with the pumpkin foam. That is delicious, too!
Other recipes you might like
Homemade Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tablespoon pumpkin puree
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120 mL) brewed coffee OR
- 2 shots (60 mL) espresso
- ½ cup (120 mL) whole milk or preferred milk of choice
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground ginger
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- In a small bowl, beat the heavy cream until soft peaks form. You can do this with a hand mixer, or by vigorously whisking. You want the consistency to be thick, but not totally formed into whipped cream.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract.
- Add the pumpkin mixture into the whipped heavy cream and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a large sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together the brewed coffee (or espresso shots), milk, pumpkin puree, granulated sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves until combined and the mixture is simmering.
- Pour the latte into a mug and top with the pumpkin foam. Sprinkle cinnamon on top if desired. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!