This is probably going to be my last ice cream recipe of the summer, which, I guess is fitting, because we're saving one of the best for last! Growing up, I was never a fan of mint chocolate chip ice cream. Now, I am OBSESSED. This no churn ice cream recipe is going to have you SCREAMING for ice cream. Hehe.
With just a few ingredients, you can whip up the most delicious ice cream. And like all ice cream recipes on the blog, this recipe is NO churn, so it is so so simple to make!
Ingredients for Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Vanilla extract
- Peppermint extract
- Food coloring (optional)
- Mini chocolate chips
Start by lining your container of choice with parchment paper and set aside.
As I mentioned, no churn ice cream is so easy to make. All you need is a handheld or stand mixer, and your freezer! We need a mixer to whip the heavy cream - I have never tried to do this by hand and I am sure you COULD if your life depended on it, but your arm may fall off from exhaustion.
With that said! First, we whip the heavy cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract and fold together until completely combined.
Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture into your whipped cream, and fold together until fully incorporated and the mixture is nice and fluffy! If desired, you can fold in 1-2 drops of green food coloring to make it look like your classic mint chocolate chip ice cream you would buy from the store. But you totally don't have to!
Then, add your mini chocolate chips and fold together until completely incorporated. Pour the ice cream into your prepared pan and freeze for at least 10 hours, or overnight. Then ENJOY!
Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream (No Churn)
- Stand mixer/Handheld mixer
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1-2 drops green food coloring optional
- 1 cup mini chocolate chips
- Line a 9 by 13 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. You could also use a square pan, or even a big Tupperware.
- In a bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, fold together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla extract and peppermint extract. Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream and fold them together.
- If desired, add 1-2 drops of green food coloring and fold until the color is mixed in. Add the chocolate chips and fold together until completely incorporated.
- Pour the ice cream into the prepared pan, top with more chocolate chips if desired, and freeze overnight or for at least 10-12 hours. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!
Leave a Reply