If you're looking for an easy, delicious, simple dessert - look no further! These Oreo truffles are the perfect dessert/snack and they only require three ingredients.
I have been OBSESSED with Oreos since I was little. I mean - they are, in my opinion, the superior cookie. This may be gross, but I used to put a bunch of Oreos in milk, crush them with a spoon and then eat the yummy Oreo/milk combination with the spoon. Or I would dunk the cookie in the milk until it would become soft and basically melt in your mouth. I recently heard on a podcast that foods that are incredibly processed just melt in your mouth and don't require a lot of chewing, but we're going to ignore that right now!!!!!!
Oreos are also incredibly versatile. You can use them as a pie crust, in a cheesecake, in a milkshake, and last but not least, in these three-ingredient Oreo truffles.
Let's talk ingredients for these Oreo truffles!
We need three things: Oreos, cream cheese, chocolate and that is IT! The only other things we need are anything we want to top the truffles with such as additional Oreo crumbs, white chocolate, peppermint candy crumbs, etc. The options are truly endless.
Some of my tips for these truffles are as follows:
- Do not use double stuffed Oreos! Use the good ol' originals. The double stuffed have too much cream and they won't hold together as easily
- Use room temperature cream cheese - this will make it easier to mix
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to make the Oreo balls. Put them on a pan with parchment paper, and then stick them in the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make them firm enough so you can roll them into a perfect ball in between your palms without sticking
These Oreo truffles are soooooooo good and I hope you love this recipe as much as me! Drop a comment if you try them!
- 36 Oreo cookies
- 1 8 oz package cream cheese room temperature
- 7 oz chocolate of choice
- Oreo crumbs
- White chocolate
- Peppermint candy crumbs
- Process the 36 Oreo cookies in a food processor/blender until they are crumbs. If you do not have one, put them in a plastic bag and smash them with a wooden spoon or other utensil. Add the cream cheese and process until combined.
- Use a cookie scoop or spoon to make the Oreo balls, put them on a pan with parchment paper, and then stick them in the freezer for 15 minutes. This will make them firm enough so you can roll them into a perfect ball with your hands without sticking.
- After the 15 minutes, roll them into balls in between your hands. Place them back in the freezer while you melt your chocolate. Melt chocolate of choice on the stovetop or in 15 second intervals in the microwave. Once completely melted, toss the Oreo balls in the chocolate making sure they are completely covered and place back on the baking sheet. Sprinkle desired toppings on and freeze for 20 minutes or until chocolate has set. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply