These blueberry muffins are light, fluffy, jam packed with blueberries, and are moist and tender with every bite. This muffin recipe is made in just ONE bowl with minimal ingredients, so you can be devouring these delicious muffins in just one hour from now. They are so easy to make and are bursting with fresh blueberries - there is truly nothing better!
I feel like blueberry muffins are very underrated. Everyone is always talking about chocolate chip muffins, but what about blueberry?! They are just as decadent and delicious. These bakery style blueberry muffins are super moist, tender, and are bursting with fresh blueberries. Only made in one bowl, they require basic ingredients (most of which you probably already have in your kitchen) and have such simple steps!
You most likely already have the ingredients for these muffins in your pantry, but if not, here is your shopping list:
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Blueberries + flour
- Toss together the blueberries and one tablespoon of flour. This will ensure the blueberries do not sink to the bottom of the muffins.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat until combined. Add the yogurt and milk and beat until combined.
- Next, add the flour, baking powder and salt and fold together until a batter forms. Add the blueberries and lightly fold until they are fully incorporated throughout the batter. Cover the bowl and let the batter rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Bake for 5 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit then, without opening the oven door, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for an additional 13-15 minutes for regular sized muffins or 23-25 minutes for jumbo sized muffins. Let cool and enjoy!
Other muffin recipes you might like
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter room temperature
- ⅔ cup (133 grams) brown sugar
- ⅓ cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup (120 mL) milk room temperature, I like to use whole milk!
- ½ cup (120 grams) plain yogurt room temperature, greek or regular works!
- 2 cups (250 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (300 grams) blueberries + 1 tablespoon flour tossed together, fresh or frozen work
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin tin with muffins cups. Set aside. I like to line every other muffin cup with a liner, this will allow for the muffins to really expand and rise, but it is not necessary.
- In a small bowl, toss together the blueberries and 1 tablespoon of flour until they are all evenly coated. This will ensure that the blueberries don't sink to the bottom of the muffins. Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla extract and beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add the milk and yogurt and beat on medium speed until combined. Add the flour, baking powder and salt and beat on low speed or fold together until a batter forms. Lightly fold the blueberries into the muffin batter. Do not over-mix.
- Cover the bowl and let the batter rest at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling all the way to the top if you want bakery style, dom-topped muffins.
- Bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 5 minutes, then, without opening the oven door, reduce the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and continue to bake for another 13-15 minutes for regular sized muffins or 23-25 minutes for jumbo muffins. The muffins are finished when a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply