These chewy chocolate chip blondies are, simply put, out of this world. They are super soft, basically melt in your mouth, PACKED with chocolate, and are so decadent.
Chocolate chip blondies
With as little as 8 ingredients, these blondies come together so quickly and are so easy to make. I actually whipped up two batches the other day and it took me less than 7 minutes to mix all of the ingredients together and get them in the oven.
They are overloaded with chocolate, but in the best way possible. Every bite is so chocolatey and delicious - I love to enjoy them still slightly warm so the chocolate chips are all melty. If you're not in a chocolate mood per se, go ahead and try my Oreo Blondies.
If you need to run to the grocery store, here is your shopping list:
- Unsalted butter: unsalted butter is my favorite to use in baked goods because you can control exactly how much salt goes into your recipe.
- Granulated sugar: granulated sugar is the best for these blondies to make them super sweet and moist (sorry).
- Eggs: eggs add moisture and bind all of the ingredients together.
- Vanilla extract
- All purpose flour: all purpose flour is the flour of choice for these blondies. It provides the perfect texture!
- Baking powder: we add a little baking powder to help the blondies puff up and rise.
- Chocolate: duh! You can use either chocolate chips or chopped chocolate - I love to use chopped chocolate for these because all of the chocolate shavings make the top look AMAZING.
- Make the blondie batter. Fold in the chocolate.
- Pour the batter into your pan and sprinkle more chocolate on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Let the blondies sit in the pan for 30 minutes.
- Slice and enjoy!
Other recipes you may like
Chocolate Chip Blondies
- 1 ⅓ cups (167 grams) all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter melted and cooled
- 1 ½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180 grams) chopped chocolate or chocolate chips plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius) and line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper with overhang on at least two sides. This will make it easier to remove the blondies from the pan. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the all purpose flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the melted butter and granulated sugar and vigorously whisk until combined and the sugar is completely absorbed. It should almost have a paste-like consistency.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold together until a batter forms leaving a few streaks of flour. Add in the chocolate and fold together until the flour is mixed in and the chocolate is incorporated into the batter. Do not over mix. Over mixing can cause the blondies to sink when you pull them out of the oven.
- Pour the batter into your prepared pan and sprinkle with more chocolate if desired. Bake for 38-40 minutes. The edges will be set and a toothpick inserted into the center should come out with a few moist crumbs.
- Remove the blondies from the oven and let them sit in the pan until completely cool/still slightly warm. Enjoy!
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!
Made yesterday afternoon and they were gone by 10pm! Eaten by family. Lovely texture, perfect chewiness combined with soft moist middle. Easy to make. Thank you!
That makes me so happy! I am so glad you enjoyed.
Loved these! They were the perfect brownie consistency and the chocolate chips were more of a compliment to the Blondies instead of taking them over
Awe thank you so much Adelyn!