Growing up, my mom used to say, "there is nothing like a bowl of chocolate ice cream." To this day, that remains true. This chocolate cone ice cream is sweet, has a crunch from the ice cream cone bits and has sweet chocolate chips. It is so hard to resist.
Making ice cream used to intimidate me but it is actually SOOO easy. The preparation comes together in five minutes, and then all you have to do is throw it in the freezer! Now that it is summer, and if you're in the tristate area like me where it's close to 100 degrees, you are going to be grabbing this ice cream out of the freezer constantly.
Ingredients for chocolate cone ice cream
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Cocoa powder
- Ice cream cones, crushed
- Mini chocolate chips
No churn ice cream is surprisingly easy to make!! First, we beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, fold together the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder, then pour that into the whipped cream and fold that together. Add the crushed ice cream cones and mini chocolate chips and freeze for 10-12 hours or overnight.
How long does the ice cream need to freeze for?
I suggest freezing it for 10-12 hours or overnight.
I hope you guys give this recipe a try! I promise it is soooooo easy! Happy ice cream making, babes! And if you want more ice cream recipes, make sure to check out my Coffee Oreo Ice Cream (No Churn) recipe!
Chocolate Cone Ice Cream (No Churn)
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅔ cup cocoa powder regular
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips regular sized chocolate chips are fine too, plus more for topping
- 6 waffle cones crushed, plus more for topping
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside. You could also use a square pan, or even a big Tupperware.
- In a bowl, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. In a separate bowl, fold together the sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. Pour the sweetened condensed milk mixture into the whipped cream and fold them together. Fold in the mini chocolate chips and crushed ice cream cones.
- Pour the ice cream into the prepared pan, top with more chocolate chips + ice cream cones if desired, and freeze overnight or for at least 10-12 hours.