These cookies and cream cupcakes are Oreo overload. They have Oreos in the cake and the frosting - and I am completely obsessed.
When I was younger, I had even more of a sweet tooth than I do now (crazy, I know). Or maybe I just ate more snack foods. Regardless, I would eat pop tarts for breakfast, ice cream for an after dinner treat, and I would come home from school and literally eat an ENTIRE sleeve of Oreos. They were my kryptonite. Especially the double stuffed. Who's with me?!
Lately, I have been craving Oreos. So instead of Oreos in their beautiful natural state, I thought, why not stuff a bunch of them into this chocolate cupcake and buttercream icing?! Genius, I know. Sometimes I really amaze myself hehe. ANYWAY, my point is, these cookies and cream cupcakes are soooooooo good! They have crushed Oreos in the cake and Oreo crumbs in the buttercream frosting, so these are an Oreo lovers DREAM. Plus, they are super easy to make and can be ready in under a half hour!! And as an even bigger plus, you can snack on some Oreos while you are making them! That's a win win in my book!! Enjoy 🙂
Other cupcake/cake recipes you might like:
Cookies & Cream Cupcakes
- 1 ⅓ cup all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup buttermilk room temperature
- 6 Oreos smashed, but not completely in crumbs
- 1 cup unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ cup Oreo crumbs
- 1 tbsp heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cupcake tin with liners. In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt and set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or a separate bowl using a hand mixer, beat the butter and both sugars together on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add your eggs, one at a time, beating well in between each addition. On low speed, add half of your flour mixture and mix until combined. Add the buttermilk and mix until combined. Fold in the other half of your dry ingredients and then add the smashed Oreos and mix until just combined. Do not over-mix! Divide the batter evenly between the lines and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Beat your room temperature butter for about 2 minutes until creamy. Add in the powdered sugar and beat until combined. Add in the Oreo crumbs (which you can get by running Oreos through a blender/food processor, or by putting them in a ziplock bag and hitting it with a wooden spoon) and mix until incorporated. Mix in the heavy cream until fully combined. Once your cupcakes are completely cool, frost and enjoy!
Leave a Reply