Is there anything better than chocolate and Nutella? These dark chocolate Nutella cups are so easy to make, unbelievably delicious, and the perfect snack to satisfy your sweet craving. I love having them in the house because I am constantly craving something sweet, and it is the best way to satisfy my sweet tooth.
Why you will love these dark chocolate nutella cups
- They're unbelievably delicious. Okay, I know I say this about everything that I make, but there is no better combination than chocolate and Nutella. I mean I just can't be convinced otherwise. Put them together and you have the most spectacular dessert.
- The Nutella filling. Gosh I just love the Nutella filling - Nutella is one of my favorite things to eat so if it's the same for you, you'll be eating the filling plain as you're making them.
- They're easy to make. If you start now, you can have these delicious dark chocolate Nutella cups in one hour. They are that simple!
- Chocolate: I like using dark chocolate here, just because the Nutella is SO sweet, so the little bit of bitterness in the dark chocolate really helps even things out. But, if you prefer to use semi-sweet, that is totally fine, too!
- Nutella: duh! We use a half cup of Nutella in the filling, so make sure you get a big jar so you can spoon some into your mouth as you prepare these 😉
- Dates: dates go in the Nutella filling - they add moisture and add a bit of texture. I like using pitted dates, just because I don't have to remove the bit myself. If you notice your dates are not that soft, try soaking them in warm water for 5 minutes. That will soften them right up!
- Almond flour: almond flour goes into the filling to thicken it up - it also adds a nice nuttiness in addition to the hazelnut flavor.
- Make the Nutella filling. Combine the Nutella, almond flour, and dates in a food processor. Roll them into tablespoon sized balls then flatten them in between your palms.
- Melt the chocolate. Melt the chocolate and oil together in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between each until completely melted.
- Assemble. Spoon a little of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each baking cup. Place the disc of Nutella on top of the melted chocolate, then spoon more chocolate on top. Gently shake the pan so the chocolate covers the entire Nutella disc.
- Chill. Place the pan in the fridge for 30 minutes to one hour until set. Top the Nutella cups with flaky sea salt. Enjoy!
Other recipes you may like
- Thin and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Double Chocolate Caramel Filled Cupcakes
- Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
Dark Chocolate Nutella Cups
- ½ cup (140 grams) Nutella
- ½ cup (50 grams) almond flour
- 4-5 (60 grams) pitted dates If the dates are hard, soak them in warm water for 5 minutes to soften them up.
- 1 ½ cups (270 grams) dark chocolate (chocolate chips or chopped chocolate works!) semi-sweet chocolate works, too!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or another neutral oil
- Line a cupcake tin with baking cups. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the Nutella, almond flour and dates until combined. The mixture will be crumbly.
- Scoop a tablespoon of mixture and roll it into a ball then flatten it in between your palms. Flatten them so that they are a hair smaller than the baking cup. Set aside.
- Melt together the chocolate and oil in the microwave in 15 second increments, stirring in between each increment until completely melted.
- Spoon a bit of the melted chocolate into the bottom of each baking cup and gently tilt the pan so that the chocolate covers the entirety of the bottom of the baking cups. Place one disc of the Nutella filling on top of the chocolate, then spoon more chocolate on top.
- Gently give the pan a shake so the chocolate covers the entire Nutella filling disc. Place the pan in the fridge for 30 minutes to one hour until set.
- Top with flaky sea salt and enjoy!
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge, or for more of a Reese's texture, store in an airtight container at room temperature.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!