These coffee Oreo cookies are like an explosion of flavor in your mouth. They are sweet with melty chocolate chunks, crunchy Oreo cookies, and a kick of coffee flavor. They check allllllll the boxes!
I feel like the name of these cookies speaks for itself on how delicious they are. They are so so easy to make, require little dough chilling, and are made with ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry. Or maybe I am just the only one that always has Oreos & chocolate in my pantry?! But that simply cannot be.
What ingredients do I need?
- Instant coffee + water
- All purpose flour
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter, room temperature
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Egg, room temperature
- Chocolate of choice, coarsely chopped
Do I need to add the coffee?
Absolutely not! If you are not a fan of a coffee flavor, simply just leave the instant coffee + water mixture out of the dough. There is no need to adjust any other ingredient proportions.
What is the bake time for these coffee Oreo cookies?
Depending on your oven, the cookies need to bake anywhere between 9-11 minutes. They should turn slightly golden brown, the chocolate should be melty, and the edges will be set.
And if I'm being honest, these cookies are best served warm. So let them cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet or on a cooling rack, and then enjoy the warm melty chocolate. If you give these a try, please leave a review! Happy cookie baking, loves!
If you love the coffee Oreo flavor, definitely take a peak at my Coffee Oreo Ice Cream (No Churn) recipe!
Coffee Oreo Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- 4 tsp instant coffee
- 1 tsp water
- 2 cups all purpose flour spooned and leveled
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter room temperature
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 ½ cups chocolate chips/chunks, or chopped chocolate
- 8 Oreos crushed
- In a small bowl, mix together the instant coffee and water. Set aside. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the butter and both sugars together on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, egg and coffee mixture and mix on medium speed until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Fold in the Oreos and the chocolate. Let the dough chill in the freezer for a half hour or the refrigerator for at least an hour. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees. Roll the dough into balls and press more Oreos & chocolate into the tops of the cookies if desired. Bake for 9-11 minutes until the edges are set and the cookies are slightly golden. Enjoy!