This no bake brownie cheesecake is going to be your favorite dessert this summer because it is SO easy to make, absolutely delicious, and has zero bake time so you don't even need to think about turning on that hot oven. It has a buttery graham cracker crust with a smooth and delicious chocolate filling, and topped with brownie bits.
Why you will love this no bake brownie cheesecake
Besides the fact that this brownie cheesecake is DELICIOUS - there are a few reasons why you will be absolutely obsessed with this dessert:
- It's no bake. I LOVE no bake desserts. They are just easier in my opinion - no need to worry about under/over baking. This cheesecake has no bake time, only chill time.
- The buttery graham cracker crust. This crust is *mwah* chef's kiss! It pairs nicely with the chocolate brownie cheesecake filling, and it is the perfect amount of crumbly.
- The brownie chocolate filling. My favorite part! This filling is made with a combination of melted butter and chocolate, so it has that delicious chocolate flavor, but also a slight tang from the cream cheese. I also top it with brownie bits made from my Classic Fudgy Brownies recipe.
If you need to run to the grocery store, here is your shopping list:
- Graham crackers
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy cream
- Make the crust. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter. Pack into your pan. Chill while you make the filling.
- Make the filling. Beat the cream cheese until smooth and creamy. Add in the chocolate/butter mixture and beat until combined. Beat in the powdered sugar, then fold in the whipped cream.
- Chill. Layer the chocolate filling on top of the base and chill for three hours or overnight until set.
- Decorate. If using my Classic Fudgy Brownies as garnish, bake the brownies while the cheesecake is chilling. Then top the cheesecake with the brownies once they are completely cool.
- Slice & enjoy! This is best served chilled. Store in the fridge.
How to get clean cuts
My favorite trick to making smooth, clean cuts is to run a sharp knife under hot water for a little, then wiping it dry. The warm knife will assist in cutting through the cold base and filling. Wipe the knife clean in between cuts and repeat!
Other chocolate recipes you may like
No Bake Brownie Cheesecake
- 1 ½ cups (180 grams) graham cracker crumbs about 11-12 full sheets
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons (71 grams) unsalted butter melted
- ½ cup (90 grams) semi-sweet chocolate chocolate chips or chopped chocolate works!
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 1 8 oz pack of cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
- ½ cup (120 mL) heavy whipping cream
- Line an 8 inch springform pan or pie pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they turn into fine crumbs. Add the granulated sugar and pulse a few more times so they are mixed together. With the food processor running on low, add the melted butter and process until the mixture is combined and sandy. I prefer to do this in a food processor, but you can also do it by hand if you don't have a food processor/blender. To make the base by hand, put the graham crackers in a zip lock bag and gently hit them with the back of a wooden spoon until they are crumbs. Then, in a bowl, mix the crumbs with the granulated sugar and melted butter until combined.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the prepared pan. You can pack it down with your fingers, an offset spatula, or the back of a measuring cup. Place the pan in the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
- On the stove over a double boiler or in the microwave, melt together the chocolate and butter until smooth and combined. If doing this in a microwave, make sure to melt together in 15 second increments, stirring in between each increment, so the chocolate does not seize. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or a medium-sized bowl if using a handheld mixer, beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until it is fluffy and creamy. It needs to be completely at room temperature to get it smooth, otherwise there will be bigger chunks of cream cheese.
- Add the melted chocolate/butter mixture to the cream cheese and beat until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl as necessary. Add the powdered sugar and beat on low speed for 10-15 seconds, then turn up to medium speed and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make the whipped cream. Beat the heavy cream on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form - about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the chocolate/cream cheese mixture until incorporated, then fold in the other half.
- Take your pan out of the fridge and pour the chocolate cheesecake filling on top of it, making one smooth and even layer.
- Place back in the fridge and let chill for 3 hours or overnight, until the filling has set.
- If you are making my classic fudgy brownies (linked above) as garnish, make the brownies according to the recipe instructions while the cheesecake is chilling. Cut up the brownies once COMPLETELY cool, then place on top of the cheesecake.
- Slice and enjoy! This is best served chilled. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!