If I was shipped off to a deserted island and was only allowed to eat three things for the rest of time, one of them would be these no bake peanut butter cheesecake bars. They have a buttery graham cracker base and a fluffy peanut butter cheesecake topping. I drizzle extra peanut butter and sprinkle chocolate chips on top and they are *mwah* chefs kiss!
Peanut butter cheesecake bars
These cheesecake bars are so easy to make and they have literally no bake time, only chill time. There are two components of these bars:
- Graham cracker base - I LOVE a good graham cracker base. It is buttery, has the perfect amount of crumble, and is just the right amount of sweet. This base is literally JUST made out of graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and butter, so it could not be simpler.
- Peanut butter cheesecake topping - the topping of these cheesecake bars are my absolute FAVORITE. They are primarily made from cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar, and whipped cream.
If you need to run to the grocery store, here is your shopping list:
- Graham cracker sheets
- Granulated sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Cream cheese
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- Heavy whipping cream
- Vanilla extract
- Mini chocolate chips & mini peanut butter cups (optional)
- Make the graham cracker base
- Make the cheesecake filling
- Assemble the bars
How to make clean cuts
My favorite trick to making smooth, clean cuts is to run a sharp knife under hot water for a little, then wiping it dry. The warm knife will assist in cutting through the cold base and filling. Wipe the knife clean in between cuts and repeat!
Other recipes you might like
Peanut Butter Cheesecake Bars (No Bake)
- 1 ½ cups (180 grams) graham cracker crumbs about 11-12 full sheets
- ¼ cup (50 grams) granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons (71 grams) unsalted butter melted
- 1 8 oz pack of cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup (130 grams) creamy peanut butter I like all natural, runny peanut butter!
- ½ cup (60 grams) powdered sugar
- ½ cup (120 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- extra peanut butter optional
- mini chocolate chips optional
- mini peanut butter cups optional
- Line a 9x5 inch pan with parchment paper so there is enough hanging over the sides. This will make it easier to pull out the bars when they are finished.
- In a food processor, pulse the graham crackers until they turn into fine crumbs. Add the granulated sugar and pulse a few more times so they are mixed together. With the food processor running on low, add the melted butter and process until the mixture is combined and sandy. I prefer to do this in a food processor, but you can also do it by hand if you don't have a food processor/blender. To make the base by hand, put the graham crackers in a zip lock bag and gently hit them with the back of a wooden spoon until they are crumbs. Then, in a bowl, mix the crumbs with the granulated sugar and unsalted butter until combined.
- Firmly press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan - you can do this with an offset spatula or the back of a measuring cup. Place in the fridge while you make the filling.
- Beat the cream cheese on medium-high speed until it is fluffy and creamy. It needs to be completely at room temperature to get it smooth, otherwise there will be bigger chunks of cream cheese.
- Add the peanut butter and powdered sugar and beat on low speed for 10-15 seconds, then turn up to medium speed and beat until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, make the whipped cream. Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract in a bowl together and beat until stiff peaks form - about 1-2 minutes.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the peanut butter/cream cheese mixture until incorporated, then fold in the other half.
- Take your pan out of the fridge and pour the cheesecake filling on top of it, making one smooth and even layer. If desired, drizzle a teaspoon of peanut butter on the top and swirl it into the filling with a knife. Also if desired, sprinkle mini chocolate chips and mini peanut butter cups on top.
- Place back in the fridge and let chill for 3 hours or overnight, until the filling has set. Slice and enjoy! Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!
I love so much that these are no bake! They're perfectly peanut buttery and were a hit at a recent get together 🙂
I am so glad they were loved!
My fiance loved these, and I loved how easy they were to make!