This peanut butter mousse tart with an Oreo crust and chocolate top is not only easy to make, but it is the perfect mix of sweet, salty, chocolatey, peanut buttery (is that a word?) and truly magnificent.
I never thought something that is no bake could be so dang delicious, but I was wrong. Oreos, mixed with peanut butter, mixed with chocolate, I MEAN... do I need to say more?!
When I first started to test this recipe, I knew I wanted something decadent but light, intricate but easy to make, sweet but salty, and this is ALL THE THINGS.
What is needed for a peanut butter mousse tart?
Let's talk ingredients. We will need:
- Regular Oreo cookies
- Unsalted butter
- Heavy whipping cream
- All natural peanut butter
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Vegetable oil
Can you believe that only 8 ingredients makes such a delicious tart? Well, believe it. And try it, NOW. Just kidding, but really this is a must bake (but not, because it's no bake hehe).
Some tips for making this delicious tart:
- Use regular Oreo cookies, not double stuffed. The double stuffed have too much cream
- Use only natural creamy peanut butter - the only ingredients should be peanuts and salt, or just peanuts
- The cream cheese should be room temperature, it will be easier to beat and will not have any lumps
- You can use vegetable oil or any other neutral oil to mix with the chocolate. The oil helps gives the chocolate that silky smooth look, and it won't crack when you cut into it
How can I store this tart?
This tart can be stored tightly with saran wrap or in an air tight container in the fridge for 3-4 days.
Peanut Butter Mousse Tart with Chocolate Topping & Oreo Crust
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
Peanut Butter Mousse Filling
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 8 oz cream cheese room temperature
- ½ cup all natural creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150 grams chocolate of choice
- 7 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ cup Oreo Crumbs
- ¼ cup peanut butter chips
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- In a food processor or blender, process the Oreos until they are crumbs. If you do not have a food processor, put the Oreos in a big ziplock bag and hit them with the back of a wooden spoon or roll them out using a rolling pin. In a small bowl, mix together the Oreo crumbs and melted butter. Press this mixture into the bottom of your pan and place in the freezer for 20-30 minutes.
Peanut Butter Filling
- In a large bowl, whip the heavy cream on medium speed until stiff peaks form. Add the peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract and beat for 3-4 minutes on medium-high speed until smooth and creamy. Pour the peanut butter filling onto the Oreo crust and use a rubber spatula to make a smooth & even layer. Place back in the refrigerator for 30-40 minutes.
- To make the chocolate topping, combine the chocolate and oil and melt over the stovetop or in the microwave in 15-second increments. Pour the chocolate over the peanut butter filling and tilt the pan so the chocolate spreads over the entire thing. Place desired toppings in the center of the tart. Place back in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until the chocolate has set. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
Leave a Reply