With a buttery graham cracker base, a creamy marshmallow filling, topped with a sweet layer of your favorite chocolate, these no bake s'mores bars are going to become your favorite dessert.
Okay guys, when I tell you these s'mores bars may be the most delicious thing I have ever eaten, I am not exaggerating.
I wanted s'mores one day but wanted something a little extra than the run of the mill s'mores we are used to. So I present to you these no bake s'mores bars!
What are s'mores bars?
They only have six ingredients and are SO beyond easy to make. The graham cracker base is graham cracker crumbs mixed with melted butter. The marshmallow filling is mini marshmallows and heavy cream, and the chocolate top is vegetable oil and melted chocolate. Then BOOM - you have the most delicious dessert.
These bars do not last more than a day in my household - so I suggest making some now and then a little extra and freezing them for later 😉
Let's get into a bit more detail!
We will start by combining the melted butter with about 2 cups of graham cracker crumbs. Firmly pack the mixture into the bottom of an 8x8 or 9x9 inch pan.
Then, we will melt the mini marshmallows and heavy cream on the stove over medium heat on a non-stick pan. We don't want the marshmallows to melt completely. We just want them to get a little melty, so they are warm and creamy. Spread the marshmallow filling evenly over the graham cracker base, and place in the freezer for 20 minutes until set.
In the meantime, combine the chocolate and oil and melt over the stovetop or in 15-second increments in the microwave. Once completely melted, pour a nice even layer over the marshmallows. Tilt the pan so the chocolate spreads and covers the entire thing. Place back in the freezer for about 20 minutes, or until the chocolate has set. Cut and enjoy!
S'mores Bars (No Bake)
- 6 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs about 14 full sheets
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 10.5 oz package mini marshmallows
- 150 grams chocolate of choice
- 7 tsp vegetable oil or any other neutral oil
- Line an 8x8 inch or 9x9 inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, process the graham cracker sheets until they are crumbs. Place in a bowl, and mix with the melted butter. The mixture will be sandy. Use a rubber spatula or your hands to pack the graham cracker crumbs into the bottom of the pan. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the heavy cream and marshmallows on a non-stick pan on medium heat. Heat until the marshmallows are melty and soft, but not completely liquid. About 2-3 minutes. Pour on top of the graham cracker base and use a rubber spatula to make an even layer. Put back in the freezer for another 10-15 minutes. Meanwhile, melt the chocolate. Combine the chocolate and oil in a microwave safe bowl and melt in 15 second increments, or on the stovetop. Pour the melted chocolate on top of the marshmallow layer and tilt the pan so the chocolate covers the entire thing. Place back in the freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until the chocolate has set.
- Once the chocolate is set, cut into squares.For clean cuts, use hot water to heat up a sharp knife and then wipe the excess water. Clean the knife in between cuts. Enjoy! Store in an air tight container in the fridge for 4-5 days.