You guys... these gluten free chocolate chip cookies are the real deal. They taste JUST like a regular chocolate chip cookie. Dare I say I even like them... better?! They are soft in the center, have crisp edges and PUDDLES of chocolate. They're amazing.
Gluten free chocolate chip cookies
I have a cousin who is gluten free, and whenever we all get together he can never enjoy all the goodies. I NEEDED to change that. These gluten free chocolate chip cookies taste EXACTLY like the regular. They are soft, chewy, chocolatey (of course) and undetectably gluten free.
My favorite gluten free flour for baked goods is Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour. Other gluten free flours can work, but for best results, I suggest giving this flour a try.
- Unsalted butter is my favorite to use in baked goods because you can control exactly how much salt goes into your recipe. We melt the butter in this recipe because melting the butter gives a very rich, chewy cookie
- Brown sugar is amazing in these cookies. Brown sugar provides the moisture and sweetness we need in this recipe
- One egg is added to help bind all of our ingredients together!
- Vanilla extract is a crucial ingredient in CCC. It adds the best flavor - make sure to use pure vanilla extract for the best results!
- Gluten free flour - my favorite is Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour. It is a high quality flour and will not result in a dry, crumbly cookie like other gluten free flours might
- Baking soda will give these cookies the perfect rise and give them that classic crackle top we see here
- Salt is NEEDED in chocolate chip cookies to offset the sweetness. Salt is a flavor enhancer, so we add it here!
- Chopped chocolate is what we use to achieve those chocolate puddles. Yes, you can just use regular chocolate chips, but to get the melty pools of chocolate, a chopped up chocolate bar is the way to go! I prefer using semi-sweet or dark chocolate with these cookies
Other cookie recipes you may like
The Best Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¾ cups (219 grams) gluten free flour we recommend Bob's Red Mill 1-to-1 Baking Flour!
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter melted and slightly cooled
- 1 cup (200 grams) brown sugar
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup (180 grams) chopped chocolate or chocolate chips about one 4-oz chocolate bar
- Melt your butter and let it sit for 5 minutes to cool slightly. While the butter is cooling, whisk together the gluten free flour, baking soda and salt in a separate bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted and cooled butter and brown sugar until completely combined. Add the egg and vanilla extract and whisk until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold together until a dough forms. Add the chopped chocolate/chocolate chips and fold until they are fully incorporated. Cover and let the dough chill for 30 minutes in the fridge.
- When the dough has 5 minutes left to chill, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (180 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Once the dough is done chilling, roll the dough into balls and space them 3-4 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- For large cookies, bake for 11-13 minutes. For regular-sized cookies, bake for 9-11 minutes. The cookies will be set and lightly golden.
- Let the cookies cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a baking sheet to cool completely. Enjoy!