Ah, monster cookies! The perfect combination of cookie, peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&Ms. I LOVE these cookies. They are huge, chewy, soft in the center but with crisp edges - they are to die for. These are one of my favorite cookies of all time, and I think you guys are going to love them too!
A monster cookie is a cookie containing peanut butter, oats, chocolate chips and M&Ms. These monster cookies are bakery style - so they are HUGE, thick, ultra chewy but gooey in the center with crisp edges.
Adapted from my Peanut Butter Cookie Skillet recipe, this cookie recipe comes together so quickly and makes about 24 large cookies. I love to keep a few in the freezer so I always have some ready to be gobbled up.
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- Unsalted butter
- Brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Peanut butter
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate chips
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- Beat together the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until combined. Add the peanut butter to the mixture and beat until combined. Beat in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and slowly beat until a dough forms. Add the oats and fold together until combined. Then add the chocolate chips (I like using mini!) and M&Ms and fold together until fully incorporated.
- Chill the dough for one to two hours then roll into dough balls. Space the cookies 3-4 inches apart on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 15 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
Other cookie recipes you may like
- 2 ½ cups (313 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (226 grams) unsalted butter room temperature
- 1 ½ cups (300 grams) brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (260 grams) creamy peanut butter all natural works best
- 2 eggs room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (85 grams) oats quick or old fashioned oats work!
- ¾ cup (135 grams) chocolate chips
- 1 cup (200 grams) M&Ms
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl if using a handheld mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together the unsalted butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. About 2-3 minutes. Add the peanut butter and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract and mix on low speed until combined, scraping down the sides and bottom of the bowl if necessary.
- Add the all purpose flour, baking powder and baking soda and mix on low speed until a dough forms. Add the oats and fold until evenly incorporated throughout the dough. Add the chocolate chips and M&Ms and fold until evenly incorporated. Cover & chill the dough for 1-2 hours.
- Once the dough is almost done chilling, preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (191 degrees Celsius) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Roll the dough into large balls (approximately 4 tablespoons) and place them 3-4 inches apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes until the cookies are set and golden brown on the edges. Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely or enjoy slightly warm.
Tried this recipe? Make sure to rate and review and tag @sturbridgebakery on Instagram!